Annual Scholarship Announcement Naval Architects – Marine Engineers- Shipping Law
SAFE BULKERS Inc., a New York Stock Exchange listed company (“SB” ticker) and its CEO, Polys V. Hajioannou, in the context of Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility Policy are pleased to announce a new scholarship program. The program consists of five (5) scholarships that will be granted to students, either Cypriot citizens or Greek citizens settled in Cyprus, who are attending studies at universities in Greece and the United Kingdom. Each scholarship will award an amount of 10,000 Euros annually that will be renewed every year based on the academic merit and financial status of the participants. During a year that the Cypriot society has been affected significantly by the pandemic, this program will commence immediately and will continue the following years aiming to support young men and women in Cyprus who wish to study in specific fields abroad, recognizing their high academic performance.
• Four scholarships for undergraduate or postgraduate studies (Master) in the fields of NAVAL MECHANICAL
ENGINEERING in Greece and NAVAL ARCHITECTURE and MARINE ENGINEERING in the United Kingdom.
• One scholarship for postgraduate studies (Master) at SHIPPING LAW in the United Kingdom.
The scholarships concern students graduating from Educational Institutions in Cyprus (Lyceum), as well as students who are already attending respective Universities abroad.
MINIMUM ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
• Lyceum graduates: Certificate of acceptance from a respective University. Cyprus Apolytirion grade (min 18.0) or A-levels in Mathematics or Physics (min B) will be considered.
• UK University students: Average yearly grade over 60% or 2.1.
• Students of Universities of Greece: Average yearly grade over 6.5.
• Postgraduate studies for Masters (M.Sc.) in the United Kingdom: Degree in Hellenic Polytechnic with grade 7.5 or from a University of the United Kingdom with grade 2.1.
• Family status
• Family income.
If you are interested to apply for the program please submit your inquiry for an application form via e-mail:
or visit our website www.safebulkers.com .
Applications must be submitted to the company via the same e-mail not later than September 30, 2021
Supporting documentation and Certification can be provided at a later stage until the beginning of the academic year. The preapproval of the scholarship will be based on the Application, while the final approval will be confirmed upon submission of the
required supporting documents.
For further information please contact:
Dr. Loukas Barmparis
Safe Bulkers, Inc.
Tel.: +30 2 111 888 400
+357 25 887 200
Investor Relations / Media Contact:
Nicolas Bornozis, President
Capital Link, Inc.
230 Park Avenue, Suite 1536
New York, N.Y. 10169
Tel.: (212) 661-7566
Fax: (212) 661-7526