It is Company’s Policy to promote Safety at Sea, Health, Prevention of Human Injury, Illness or Loss of Life and avoidance of damage to the Environment, in particular to the Marine Environment and to Property.
The Company’s objectives regarding Safety Management are:
• To provide for Safe Practices in ship Operation and a safe working environment.
• To prevent damage to the ship, her cargo and the environment.
• To assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel and the environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
• To prevent loss of human life and personal injury or illness.
• To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety & Environmental Protection.
In order to effectively implement its Safety, Health & Environment Protection Policy the Company
• Consistently follows all national and international rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
• Takes into account applicable guidelines, standards, codes and publications, which are issued by maritime organisations and are directed towards creating a safe and pollution free environment.
• Continuously monitors all safety aspects of the managed fleet.
• Frequently inspects the managed fleet and carries out necessary maintenance and repairs.
• Continuously improves its management system by taking corrective & preventive action for identified problem areas.
• Provides adequate resources to effectively implement this management system.
• Has developed and implements a management system which is “Safety & Pollution Prevention” oriented.
• Communicates knowledge about health and hygiene risks to individuals in potential risk or organizations and the scientific community.
• Has developed a specific Environmental policy.
• Has developed a specific Drugs and Alcohol policy.
• Provides voluntary health and hygiene promotion programs designed to enhance employees’ well being and personal safety. These programs should supplement, but not interfere with, the responsibility of employees over their own health care.
• Has carried out a generic Risk Assessment to its basic operations and practices and has established safeguards against identified risks
• Endeavours to operate managed ships within ALARP (“as low as reasonably practicable”) levels of risk.
• Operates shore offices and managed ships with all employees being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or other infectious diseases that may arise and complying with the precautionary measures provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Union (EU) and the local authorities worldwide.
All Company employees, shore based and sea going are responsible for implementing the company’s Safety, Health & Environment Protection Policy.
The Company’s Management is responsible for monitoring and reviewing the Safety Health & Environment Protection Policy at regular intervals in order to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.